An injury can reduce your quality of life. You can go from being a productive member of society and provider for your family to requiring specialized round-the-clock care.
Injuries can also take a toll on your finances with expensive medical care and your inability to work.
Rosengard Law Group knows just how hard hit individuals and their families can be after an accident. We’re committed to fighting for the rights of injured parties.
Contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced and knowledgeable NJ personal injury lawyer. We love to FIGHT for the injured.
Go over the details of your case with an experienced personal injury attorney to determine whether you can make a claim for compensation.
We provide legal representation on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay unless you win.
We offer a free consultation for personal injury victims. Call 833-323-4448 today to book your appointment.
What is a Hudson County Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury is an injury that occurs to any part of the body. This includes both internal and external parts of the body. However, just having a personal injury isn’t enough to be able to file a personal injury case. Your injury must have been caused as a result of the negligence of another party.
The intent of a personal injury case is to recover compensation from the at-fault party for the injuries you sustained. This compensation helps the injured party meet various expenses and financial constraints resulting from the accident.
Types of Cases Our Hudson County Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
Personal injuries can result from:
- Medical malpractice
- Boating accidents
- Car accidents
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Fires and burns
- Workplace accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck accidents and much more.
The degree to which you are affected by an accident varies. However, talking to a Hudson County personal injury attorney can help to determine whether you are entitled to compensation and how best to approach your claim.
Our attorneys have experience representing personal injury victims in a wide variety of cases. If you’ve been injured in an accident within Jersey City, Union City, West New York, Guttenberg, Harrison, Secaucus, Hoboken, Kearny, Bayonne, Weehawken, North Berge, East Newark or the surrounding areas, get in touch with us. We’ll fight to recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Compensation You Can Get from a Personal Injury Claim
The compensation awarded in a personal injury claim varies depending on various factors. These include:
- The extent to which the other person was responsible for the injuries
- The severity of the injuries resulting from the accident
- The degree of negligence
While it is difficult to determine exactly how much you will receive as compensation for your injuries, talking to a Hudson County Personal Injury Lawyer can help to determine what type of damages you can claim compensation for.
We can help you seek compensation for:
- Medical bills for treating injuries resulting from the accident.
- Future medical expenses for treatment or management of injuries resulting from the accident as well as complications that may develop. These include expenses related to medical devices, physical therapy as well as additional surgeries.
- Pain and suffering resulting from the injuries.
- Mental and emotional distress resulting from the accident. This may include non-physical injuries that may require therapy such as panic attacks or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Permanent injuries or handicaps.
- The expense of modifying your house or car in the event of a permanent disability. This includes modifying your vehicle or car to accommodate a wheelchair or other medical equipment.
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Lost wages. This includes the income you would have earned for the period you were unable to return to work during recovery.
- Reduced capacity to earn. You can be compensated for what you would have earned if the injuries result in disabilities that prevent you from returning to work in the same role or limit your ability to perform your tasks at work.
- Loss of the capacity to earn. You can be compensated for what you would have earned if the injuries result in permanent disabilities and therefore prevent you from returning to work or seeking other positions.
- Retraining or occupational therapy. This covers the cost of the training you will require if you are unable to return to work.
- Loss of enjoyment of life. This compensation is given if your injuries prevent you from engaging in activities you did before you were injured such as running marathons.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one died as a result of the injuries, you may seek compensation for this. This compensation covers funeral and burial expenses, medical expenses prior to death as well as future benefits and wages.
The Phases Our Hudson County Personal Injury Attorneys Work through
Personal injury cases progress in different ways depending on the cause of the injury and various other circumstances surrounding your case. However, they generally tend to follow the phases below:
Consultation with a Hudson Personal Injury Lawyer
This is the first and most important step to take if you want to pursue a personal injury claim. An experienced attorney will evaluate your case and tell you whether you have a valid claim or not. We offer a free consultation for personal injury victims. Our lawyers will give you an approximation on how much your claim is worth. We’ll also tell you the different options available for pursuing your compensation.
Filing the lawsuit in court
In order to seek compensation, you’ll have to file an official complaint in court. Our experienced attorneys will file the lawsuit on your behalf. This includes obtaining the required documents to support your claim, arranging them in proper order, assisting with filing in of any forms and presenting them to the right department.
This is the stage when investigations are carried out by both sides. We’ll make use of all the resources at our disposal to gather information about the circumstances of your accident. We’ll demand evidence from the defendant, conduct depositions as well as work with expert witnesses to strengthen your claim.
In some cases, a court hearing may occur. This may be at the request of the defendant or our attorneys. This may occur for any number of reasons including trying to get evidence admitted or thrown out.
Negotiations involve a lot of back and forth between the parties in an effort to reach an amount for compensation that both parties can agree upon. Negotiations often begin with our attorneys sending a demand letter stating the reasons you are seeking compensation and how much you want as compensation for your injuries. The defendant then responds with how much they are willing to pay. This back and forth communication continues until a reasonable figure is arrived at.
In many instances, a settlement is agreed upon outside the court process. Out of court settlements save on litigation costs. They also help to preserve the reputation of the defendant and ensures and may help preserve them from punitive damages in some cases. Defendants are therefore more inclined to settle their cases out of court.
In some rare cases, out of court settlements are not reached. The case then proceeds to trial. This involves both sides presenting evidence an arguing their cases before a judge and jury. Witnesses may be called upon to give their testimony.
When both sides are done presenting their cases, they each give a closing statement. The jury will then weigh both arguments and give a decision based on the evidence presented. If the jury finds in favor of the plaintiff (the injured party), you can collect compensation. If not, you can file to appeal the decision.
Experienced Hudson County Personal Injury Lawyers
Rosengard Law Group has successfully represented personal injury victims for years.
We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and helped secure their financial future. We can do the same for you.
No matter the cause of your injury, if the accident was a result of someone else’s negligence, we’ll fight to recover fair compensation for you.