- Four Reasons To Hire A Car Accident Lawyer
- Gathering Car Accident Evidence To Prove Negligence
- The Car Accident Case Settlement Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Talk to a Newark Car Accident Lawyer Today
Whether you were in a serious collision or a small fender bender, car accidents are traumatic events, and many accident victims suffer severe and often life-changing injuries. While you cannot prepare for a car crash, you can take the next right steps to deal with the legal and financial aftermath. Car accident victims that try to file a Newark NJ car accident lawsuit on their own learn the hard way that the insurance companies can be ruthless. Our Newark car accident lawyers have the knowledge, skill, and experience needed to navigate the legal and insurance process, and FIGHT hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Call us now for a free over-the-phone case evaluation: 833-323-4448
Four Reasons To Hire A Car Accident Lawyer
Many car accident victims suffer long term effects in addition to the shock and physical injuries suffered at the scene of the car accident. Your physical injuries and mental trauma will negatively affect your quality of life, and you may have trouble enjoying your life, returning to work, and paying your bills. The negative impact the car accident is having on your life is unfair to you and your loved ones. If the car accident was not your fault, you deserve to be compensated.
Rosengard Law Group can handle the next steps in gathering evidence, negotiating with the insurance companies, filing all paperwork, hiring experts, filing the lawsuit, and preparing for trial, so you can focus on healing and getting your life back together.
An experienced Newark car accident lawyer is exactly what you need to cut through the chaos that you’re facing.
WE ONLY GET PAID A PERCENTAGE OF THE SETTLEMENT WHEN WE WIN YOUR CASE.
1. We don’t get paid until we win.
We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will only be paid if the claim is successful.
Our fees are only a small percentage of the compensation amount. You don’t have to worry about paying us. You pay us nothing if your claim is unsuccessful.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Read our No Fee Promise.
2. We’re experienced and understand the Newark car accident claim process.
You’ll have the benefit of an experienced lawyer representing you.
We’ve been down this road and know how to approach filing car accident claims in Newark, NJ.
We’ll also act on your behalf to mitigate any defenses that the insurance company raises.
You can rely on us to prepare you for trial if your case gets to that level.
Having an experienced and knowledgeable attorney representing you levels the playing field when going against an insurance company that is trying to deny your claim.
Insurance companies are represented by highly skilled and experienced lawyers, so you’ll need us in your corner.
3. We’ll do all the legwork, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
There’s a lot of work involved in filing a claim and negotiating with an insurance company for a fair settlement.
This includes gathering evidence, getting police reports and eyewitness statements, collecting medical records and medical bills, gathering information on lost wages, and more.
We’ll prepare all the necessary paperwork for your claim and ensure relevant evidence is gathered and organized.
4. We’ll be your advocate.
It helps to have a knowledgeable and experienced professional representing you in every aspect of your case.
We’ll represent you at negotiations for compensation and fight for your rights before judge and jury.
We’ll handle all communication related to the case. This includes dealing with debt collectors where applicable.
Gathering Car Accident Evidence To Prove Negligence
Evidence is an absolute necessity when filing an insurance claim or lawsuit.
The right car accident evidence will help build your case. Being able to provide documentation to support your claim will help swing the settlement or court’s verdict in your favor.
Insurance companies don’t have to seek any evidence. The burden of proof in a car accident is on you, the injured party.
As the plaintiff, you will have to show that the other party is responsible for the car accident and your injuries.
Our experienced Newark car accident attorney will gather all the required evidence. This evidence can come in various forms including medical bills, police records, witness statements, expert testimonies, and photographs.
The following are types of evidence that will be included to support your auto accident claim.
Evidence Gathered From the Scene of the Accident
- It doesn’t matter how seemingly minor a car accident or the resulting injuries are, it is important to call the police immediately. This ensures that a police report of the accident is available. This report is central in establishing fault in the car accident.
- If possible, obtain the contact information of the other drivers involved in the car accident. Take down their driving license numbers, the car registration numbers, and insurance information. Get their employer’s contact information if they were driving a work vehicle.
- Take photographs of the scene of the car accident. These include photos of the vehicles, damage to property, the road, and the injuries resulting from the accident.
- Try to get the contact information of other eye witnesses at the scene of the accident. Record eye witness statements on your phone.
Evidence of Damages Resulting From the Car accident
In many cases, the amount to be awarded as compensation depends on the extent of damages resulting from the car accident. This includes personal injuries as well as damage to property.
- Go to the hospital immediately after a car accident even if you have no visible injuries and feel fine. This is crucial. A medical examination will help to provide a clear record of the injuries resulting from the car accident.
- Keep a journal of your healthcare appointments and treatments. You should also keep receipts of payments made for medical treatment, consultation with medical specialists, and all expenses associated with these visits such as medical tests and transportation fees.
- If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you probably won’t be going back to work right away, so we can gather information on lost wages.
Other Supporting Evidence
Even more evidence may be required especially if you end up filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
- We can obtain more evidence through accident interrogatories. These are written questions that the other party in the lawsuit must answer under oath. Interrogatories are a great way to learn more about the defendant’s behavior right before the accident e.g. were they using their mobile phone or drinking.
- Another way we will get evidence is through a deposition. A deposition is a testimony given under oath outside the court. A court reporter is present to write and transcribe the testimony. These testimonies can not only uncover important evidence but also be used as evidence in case you go to trial.
The Car Accident Case Settlement Process
It’s rare for car accident claims to go to trial. They usually settle. That being said, hiring a Newark car accident attorney is the best way to present a compelling claim to the insurance company, and get the maximum settlement.
Insurance companies are in business to make money. They will try to deny the claim and/or pay you the absolute least amount possible.
They are trained to sound sympathetic and helpful, but they are NOT on your side. They will find and use any little detail against you.
For this reason, it is essential that you speak with them as little as possible. Let your lawyer handle all communication.
We’ll Prepare a Detailed Demand Letter
We’ll present the facts of the car accident, the injuries, and damages. This letter sets the stage for the negotiations for settlement.
We’ll present your strongest case to the insurance company to begin negotiations on the best foot.
The demand letter includes the events leading up to the car accident, a description of the car accident, and a detailed account of the damages, your medical treatment, your medical bills, and your lost wages.
We will state how much we are demanding in compensation for the car accident injuries and damages.
The amount quoted in the demand letter is often significantly higher than what you should accept as a reasonable compensation. This allows for room for negotiations.
Our Newark Car Accident Attorneys Will Represent You in Negotiations With the Insurance Company
After the insurance company receives the demand letter, they will review it along with any accompanying documentation.
Insurance companies typically respond to demand letters by making an initial offer. This offer is often much lower than we’d like, so we usually do not accept it.
Our attorneys will prepare a written response to the initial offer. This response will state the reasons for rejecting the initial offer. It will also state how much you would be willing to accept. This amount would most likely be lower than your initial demand.
This back and forth will continue for some time. You may have to provide additional information such as photographs of injuries or letters from your physician to add weight to your claim.
If the parties are unable to reach a settlement during negotiations, mediation may be required. A mediator who is in most instances an attorney, will be appointed to offer a fresh perspective and guide the parties in reaching an amicable resolution.
We’ll Accept the Car Accident Settlement Offer On Your Behalf
If the insurance company makes a satisfactory offer, we will accept it on your behalf. Whether the offer is made through negotiation or mediation, we’ll double check the offer to see if it will cover your medical bills and other expenses.
If the offer was presented verbally, we’ll ensure that this is followed up with a written offer.
Insurance providers won’t send a check until you sign a release. The release is a legally binding document. It states that you accepted the settlement offered and will not pursue further claims for damages that resulted from the accident.
This was a simple snapshot of the process of filing a car accident claim in Newark, but there are always twists and turns.
Whatever Obstacles present Themselves, Rosengard Law Group is prepared to fight!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I really need to Hire a Newark Car Accident Lawyer?
Many victims suffer long term effects in addition to the shock and physical injuries suffered at the scene of the car accident. Your physical injuries and mental trauma negatively affect your quality of life, and you may have trouble returning to work and paying your bills. This is unfair to you and your loved ones, and you need to be compensated. Rosengard Law Group can handle the next steps in gathering evidence, filing a claim, dealing with the insurance company, and getting your life back together.
What Will My Newark Car Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
1. Handle the often confusing and chaotic world of filing insurance claims and seeking compensation
2. Do all the legwork, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
3. Represent you at negotiations for compensation and fight for your rights before judge and jury
4. Gather evidence
5. Prepare a detailed demand letter
6. Fight for the best settlement possible
What If I Was Partly At Fault for the Car accident?
New Jersey has a “comparative negligence” law, which means you can recover some compensation even if you are partially at fault for the car accident, but you cannot recover any financial settlement if you are more than 50% responsible for the accident.
Talk to a Newark Car Accident Lawyer Today
Rosengard Law Group will fight to protect your legal right for fair compensation for damages resulting from your car accident.
We’ll gather evidence, consult experts, and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. All of this is without legal fees, because we work on a contingency basis.
We only get paid a percent of your winning settlement.
You can relax and focus your attention and energy on recovering. Call now to get help: 856-284-6446
NOTE: truck accidents have a whole host of other legal ramifications that need to be handled properly by our truck accident lawyers.