Working on a construction site comes with many risks. Construction workers face the risk of devastating injuries on a daily basis hence the requirement for strict safety standards. If you or someone you love has been involved in a construction accident resulting from the negligence of another party, you can claim compensation for your injuries.
Our Newark construction accident lawyers will navigate the complexities of the applicable laws and fight for you to get the maximum compensation for your injuries.
The Newark injury attorneys at Rosengard Law Group are skilled and experienced at handling cases involving injuries sustained on construction sites. Our attorneys will work diligently to pursue your claim and ensure you are awarded just compensation for any injuries or damages suffered.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents
There are several ways that construction workers can suffer injuries on construction sites even when they have taken the necessary safety precautions.
Our Newark construction accident lawyers have extensive experience filing claims for accidents involving:
- Electric shocks
- Scaffolding falls
- Chemical spills
- Falling objects
- Crane accidents
- Improper maintenance of equipment
- Defective equipment
- Misuse of tools
- Car accident (see: car accident attorney Newark, NJ)
We work in close association with experts to uncover the responsible parties in construction accidents. We’ll carry out investigations to uncover the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) violations. We’ll fight for you and hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence.
What to Do after a Newark NJ Construction Accident
Establishing fault in an accident on a construction site isn’t easy. There are often several contractors and companies involved in any single construction project. Blame for a construction accident may be shuffled around. Our Newark construction accident attorneys are experienced in dealing with construction accidents. We will guide you through the confusion. We’ll determine fault and fight for your right for just compensation for your losses and injuries.
The steps you take after a construction accident are crucial for the success of your claim for compensation. Be sure to:
Seek medical attention for your injuries immediately after the accident. This is applicable even if the injuries seem minor. The medical record is a vital piece of evidence. It will be used to support your claim.
- Contact your direct supervisor to report your injuries. They should be made aware that an accident has occurred and that you were injured. An official record should be made of the accident.
- Note the names and contact information of witnesses to the accident. Eye witness testimonies will help to establish fault and strengthen your claim for compensation.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident and any equipment that was used. You should also take photographs of your injuries. These photographs will be vital as evidence in strengthening your claim for compensation. They will help in establishing fault as well as giving a clear picture of the seriousness of the accident.
- Contact the Newark construction accident attorneys at Rosengard Law Group. We offer free consultation. We work on a contingency basis. We don’t get paid until you are awarded compensation. You, therefore, don’t have to worry about the legal fees involved in pursuing compensation.
Liable Parties for Your Newark NJ Construction Accident Injuries
Employers that carry workers’ compensation insurance are often protected by law from personal injury lawsuits. That is unless the injury that occurred was egregious or intentional. Our Newark construction accident attorneys will file lawsuits for you against third parties such as:
- The site owner: The site owner may be held liable depending on their level of control over the site.
- The general contractor and sub-contractor: Contractors (both general and sub-contractors) have a duty of care to their workers under OSHA. They are required to ensure the construction site is reasonably safe and that safety regulations are adhered to. They can be held liable if an injury occurs as a result of their failure to perform their duties.
- Engineers and architects: Engineers and architects may be held liable if they have a duty to ensure compliance with relevant code regulations as the work progresses. This will be outlined in their contract.
- Manufacturers: Manufacturers and other parties in the chain of distribution may be held liable for defective products that result in injuries.
Types of Newark Construction Accident Injury Claims
Our Newark construction accident lawyers are skilled and experienced at pursuing different types of construction accident injury claims and lawsuits including:
You can’t file a lawsuit against your employer if they have workers’ compensation insurance. You can file a claim for compensation. If you choose to pursue workers’ compensation, you’ll only need to prove that your injury occurred. The circumstances of the injury are not important.
We’ll gather the necessary evidence and represent you in negotiations. We’ll fight to keep the insurance company or your employer form downplaying your injuries and loses. You can still file for compensation from third parties even if you have filed for workers’ compensation. This will help to maximize your recovery for your damages.
We’ll fight for you to prove negligence on the part of the third party.
We’ll represent the family of a worker who has been killed as a result of an accident on the job. We’ll file a wrongful death claim on their behalf and fight for just compensation.
If you’re injuries resulted from using a defective product, you can file a lawsuit against any party in the chain of distribution of the product. This includes the manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer.
If we find that more than one party is responsible for the accident, we will file multiple claims simultaneously to maximize your recovery for damages.
Hire a Newark Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction accident claims can be complex. Establishing fault can be difficult.
Having an experienced attorney fighting in your corner will help to make the process a lot easier. Our attorneys are exactly what you need to recover losses from a construction accident.
We’ll handle all aspects of the case including paperwork, investigation as well as negotiations with third parties and insurance companies.
Contact us now to book an appointment for free consultation on your case with a Newark construction accident lawyer.