- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Injuries We Deal With
- What Types Of Compensation Can A Motorcycle Accident Victim Collect?
- What Are The Types of Motorcycle Injury Claims?
- How Do you Prove Fault in a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
- Talk to a Newark Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle riders have little bodily protection compared to other motorists. There is no steel frame or air bags to reduce the impact of a collision. Accidents involving motorcycles therefore often result in serious injuries for riders. Your bike may also be damaged beyond repair.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you should contact us today, The Rosengard Law Group. Get your case evaluated for free by a knowledgeable and experienced motorcycle accident lawyer.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are various reasons motorcycle accidents occur. Our experienced Newark motorcycle accident lawyers are experienced at seeking compensation for accidents caused by:
- Poor road conditions
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving
- Not leaving sufficient room between vehicles
- Opening a car door without checking for oncoming vehicles
- Not checking blind spots
- Failure to yield
Also see our Newark car accident lawyer page for more information.
Common Injuries We Deal With
Motorcycle accidents often result in serious injuries as there is little protection for the rider. A Newark motorcycle accident attorney will fight for your right to compensation for injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. These include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- TBI (brain injury)
- Bone fractures
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Loss of limbs
In the case of death, an experienced Newark motorcycle accident lawyer will file a wrongful death lawsuit to seek compensation for the death of your loved one.
What Types Of Compensation Can A Motorcycle Accident Victim Collect?
Whether through litigation or negotiations, our Newark motorcycle accident lawyers will fight for you to seek compensation for:
- Lost wages: We’ll fight for you to claim compensation or wages that you would have earned if you hadn’t been involved in the accident. You can recover compensation for what you would have earned for the period you are taking time away from work to recover.
- Medical expenses: This includes past and future medical expenses. You can recover compensation for the costs of emergency medical care as well as follow up medical care including surgery. Compensation can also be given for medical care that you will need in the future if you have not fully recovered from your injury and may need further medical care.
- Pain and suffering: This compensation puts a monetary value on damages that are intangible. It is dependent on the extent and nature of your injuries. You may be compensated for emotional anguish or physical pain.
- Damage to property: We’ll fight to ensure that you’re compensated for damage to your motorcycle. You can claim for repair expenses or even for the replacement of your bike if it was written off in the accident.
- Disfigurement or physical impairment: Motorcycle accidents can result in injuries that cause temporary or permanent disfigurement or impairment. You may have to make alterations to your home and other areas of your life as a result of these physical changes. We will fight to ensure that your financial compensation is adequate enough to accommodate the changes you have been forced to make.
- Loss of consortium: In the event of a death, we will fight on behalf of those left behind. We fight for you to obtain compensation for loss of assistance, society, companionship, and aid from your deceased spouse. We fight for surviving parents seek compensation for loss of companionship or love from deceased minors.
What Are The Types of Motorcycle Injury Claims?
If you’ve or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident that was the result of another person’s negligence, you can file for few different types of claims for compensation.
Motorcycle Accident Negligence Claims
If you file a claim for negligence, you will have to prove that the other driver causes the accident as a result of not exercising a reasonable standard of care. We will conduct investigations to uncover more details about the accident. For example, we’ll find out whether the driver failed to follow traffic laws or if they were distracted while driving.
Product Liability Claims
There are some instances when a motorcycle accident is the result of a defect or failure in the other party’s car or your bike. In such cases, we can file a product liability lawsuit for you against the manufacturer of the parts, car or bike to recover compensation. We will conduct an investigation in the car or bike to determine whether there were defects that could have led to the accident. We work with forensic experts to expose:
- Defective parts
- Whether the vehicle was being operated as it was intended
- Whether the vehicle’s performance changed since its purchase.
Motorcycle Crash Wrongful Death Claims
You can recover compensation or wrongful death if you have lost a loved one as a result of a motorcycle accident. Our attorneys will fight for your family to prove negligence on the part of the other driver. We’ll show how their negligence resulted in the death of our loved one.
How Do you Prove Fault in a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
Proving fault is an important part of seeking compensation for injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident. Our attorneys will gather the evidence necessary to build a strong case for you. This includes:
- Obtaining police reports
- Taking eye witness statements
- Seeking photographs of the crash as well as damage to the vehicles
- Reviewing video footage of the accident
- Hiring experts to recreate the crash
- Requesting traffic light data
- Talking to insurance carriers of the parties involved in the accident
- Obtaining medical records and bills
- Reviewing any computer records
Our Newark NJ injury attorneys do all the legwork, so you can focus on recovering from the injuries caused by the accident.
Talk to a Newark Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can result in devastating consequences. A Newark motorcycle accident attorney at Rosengard Law Group will fight for you to get through this difficult time by making sure that the right to maximum compensation is realized. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you won’t have to worry about any legal fees. We get paid when you get your compensation. Contact Rosengard Law Group today to book an appointment.