- Common Reasons For Motorcycle Accidents
- What Are The Benefits of Hiring A Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- What Should I Do After A Motorcycle Accident?
- What Compensation Is Available For PA Motorcycle Accident Victims?
- Speak With A Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Motorcycle accidents often result in serious or life-changing injuries for the motorcyclist. It is very important to seek legal representation when you have been injured in a motorcycle crash in Pennsylvania.
Beware! Many insurance companies try to blame the motorcyclists for the accident, even if it is not their fault.
The insurance company will try to deny or significantly reduce any claim made by a motorcyclist. They claim that driving a motorcycle is “too risky.”
Anyone who drives a motorcycle in PA has the same rights and protections as a person driving a passenger vehicle.
If you have been injured in an accident, it is time to call a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyer. Call 833-323-4448
Common Reasons For Motorcycle Accidents
Any type of negligent action can cause an accident. However, there are some common reasons that motorcycle accidents occur. These include:
Failure To See
Many people in a passenger vehicle state that they did not see the motorcycle before the accident. Motorcycle drivers are encouraged to keep their headlights on at all times to make themselves more visible.
The most common accident that involves failure to see motorcycle are ones that happen when a car is turning right.
Texting or using your phone for other reasons while driving is not only illegal; it is also very dangerous. It takes an average of four seconds to read or write a text. A car moving at 60mph can travel space of over 300 feet in four seconds. When you are distracted, your reaction time slows, making accidents more probable to happen.
Speeding is a leading cause of any type of vehicular accident. When you speed, your reaction times are too slow to prevent an accident. Motorcycle accidents involving high-speed impacts often lead to catastrophic injuries for the motorcyclist.
Improper Lane Changes
Improper lane changes are the second highest cause of motorcycle accidents. Changing lanes without looking or too quickly can cause either the car or the motorcycle to swerve and crash or hit each other.
Click here if your motorcycle accident involved a commercial truck.
What Are The Benefits of Hiring A Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
It is essential to have legal representation when you have been involved in a motorcycle accident. Having an attorney manage your case will protect your rights as a victim and help you secure a fair compensation package. Our attorneys have managed many motorcycle accident cases, and we know how to win your case. Our firm will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access to expert witnesses and accident recreation specialists
- Knowledgeable legal staff members that work together to build a strong case
- Skilled negotiators that will secure a fair compensation package
- Trial ready attorneys if it is necessary to pursue a court case
We offer free consultations and work on a contingency basis. There is never a legal fee until we win.
What Should I Do After A Motorcycle Accident?
Involvement in a motorcycle accident can leave you panicked and confused. This is especially true if you have been injured.
The steps you take after an accident has happened are very important.
If at all possible, it is recommended that you use the following guideline on what to do after a motorcycle accident occurs.
Notify the Pennsylvania Police
You will need to notify the police that an accident has happened. The police will come to the scene to make an official report.
Notify the police if anyone has been injured and if emergency services are required. Provide the police with your contact information.
Do Not Admit Fault
It is very important to watch how you word any of your statements. Even saying “I’m Sorry” to the other driver can be seen as an admission of fault.
Take Pictures of the Motorcycle Accident Scene
If possible, photograph the scene of the accident. Include everything, including photos of the surrounding area. If your injuries are too severe to take photos, don’t worry, these can be taken at a later time.
Get A Medical Exam Immediately
It is important to have a medical evaluation done right after the accident happens. Even if you believe that your injuries are just minor, you should be examined by a medical professional right away.
Many injuries are not apparent at the scene of the accident and could later develop into something serious.
Although you have seven days to seek medical care for an accident, the insurance companies start to deny coverage within 24 hours.
Report the Accident to Your Insurance Company
You must report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident. This will help start the claim process.
Only provide basic details about the accident. Refrain from providing an official statement.
If asked for an official statement, decline until a later time. You have the right to make an official statement at a later time.
If the insurance company continues to push for an official statement right away, simply state that you will speak to an attorney first and contact them at a later date. Call us for help: 833-323-4448
Contact a Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Attorney: 833-323-4448
As soon as your injuries have been stabilized, contact a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyer.
We can accommodate you by coming to your home or hospital room for your free consultation.
What Compensation Is Available For PA Motorcycle Accident Victims?
There are many different types of compensation that may be available to you when you are involved in an accident. Your Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyer will discuss with you which of the following compensation types apply to your case.
- Medical Expenses: This will include all medical costs current and future associated with your accident and injury.
- Therapy and Long Term Care: If you will require extended therapy or need long-term care for your injuries, your lawyer will seek compensation for these costs.
- Lost Wages and Benefits: You will be reimbursed for all the time you missed at work and any accompanying benefits.
- Future Earning Capacity: If you cannot return to your job after the accident, you will be compensated for lost future earnings.
- Related Expenses: If there are any special expenses related to your injury, it will be part of the compensation package.
- Pain and Suffering: This type of compensation will be based on your specific case. This type of compensation is different for each case.
- Loss of Companionship: This could include loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium and loss of services.
- Wrongful Death: If your loved one died as a result of the accident, you might be able to seek compensation for your losses.
Speak With A Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Hiring an attorney will always be in your best interest when you are involved in a motorcycle accident. Our law firm works on a contingency basis. There is never a fee unless we win. We understand the issues that motorcycle accident victims face.
We are here to help. Call 833-323-4448
We are qualified representatives that will aggressively fight your case with the insurance company.
Our firm works as a team. You have more than just your attorney on your side. Motorcycle accidents often lead to catastrophic injuries and large medical expenses.
There is no reason to delay. Schedule a free consultation with one of our Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyers today.