- Common Truck Accident Causes
- What Are The Best Steps To Take After A Truck Accident in Pennsylvania?
- What Compensation Will A Truck Accident Lawyer Fight For?
- Consult With A Pennsylvania Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Being involved in a truck accident is a life-changing experience. The injuries sustained are often catastrophic. The financial and emotional recovery can be as difficult as the physical one.
In addition, Pennsylvania truck accidents are often legally complicated, because the trucking industry is regulated at the federal and state level.
What makes truck accident complicated is that there may be several different parties to hold responsible, so there are several insurance companies involved in the compensation process.
We advise against trying to file a truck accident claim on your own.
It will always be in your best interest to speak with a Pennsylvania truck accident lawyer about the incident.
Call Rosengard Law Group today for a FREE CONSULTATION. 833-323-4448
Common Truck Accident Causes
A truck accident can happen for many different reasons. However, there are a few more common reasons that these accidents occur.
- Right Turns – Trucks need extra space to turn right
- Quick Braking – If you’re forced to stop too quickly in front of a truck they may not have enough room to brake
- Distracted Driving – Eating, drinking, cellphone use, etc
- Driving while Intoxicated
- Mechanical Failure – If a truck is not properly maintained, mechanical failure can cause the truck to have an accident
- Weather Conditions – Rain, Fog, Snow and Ice make operating these large vehicles harder to handle and keep under control
What Are The Best Steps To Take After A Truck Accident in Pennsylvania?
Being involved in a truck accident is always a devastating event. The mass confusion and chaos that occurs right after the event can leave anyone’s head spinning.
If you add serious injuries to the mixture, the confusion is enhanced.
The actions that you take the truck accident can have an impact on your case for compensation.
If possible, you are encouraged to use the following suggestions:
- Contact Emergency Services: You will need to contact your local emergency services. The police must generate an accident report for the insurance companies to approve the accident claim. This is also when you should request medical services for serious injuries.
- Gather Information: If your injuries allow, you will want to gather information from the other driver, such as their contact and insurance information. If there are witnesses, gather their information as well.
- Take pictures of the scene: If you are unable to do this, don’t worry, your PA truck accident attorney can gather a lot of this information at a later date.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important that you have a medical evaluation right after the accident. Even if you do not think your injuries are serious, you should be checked in the ER to make sure that you are okay. Many injuries are not apparent at the scene.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: You will need to report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Most policies require that they are notified of an accident within 48 hours of it happening. You do not have to provide a full statement at this time. Give the insurance company the basic details and tell them that you will provide a formal statement once you have spoken with an attorney.
- Speak to a Pennsylvania Truck Accident Lawyer: As a truck accident victim, it is very important that you consult with an attorney about your rights to claim compensation. A knowledgeable truck accident attorney in PA will help you maneuver through all of the state and federal laws and seek compensation from the right parties.
- Document Everything: Keeping records of everything, from the time you missed from work to how you feel physically and emotionally each day. This information will help you remember all the details when necessary and will help your attorney build a strong case.
- Follow Through on All Medical Care: It is very important that you follow through with all of your medical care after the accident. If you refuse care or continually miss appointments, the insurance company will view this as your way of saying you are not injured.
Rosengard Law Group will provide you with more tips on how to effectively manage your case based on the events surrounding your accident. Call today for a FREE consultation: 833-323-4448
Click here if you were driving a car when involved in an accident with a truck in Pennsylvania.
What Compensation Will A Truck Accident Lawyer Fight For?
When you have been injured in an accident, it is the responsibility of the at-fault party to cover your financial losses. There are several forms of compensation that may be available to you based on the facts of your case.
Lost Wages and Benefits
All of the time that you missed work due to the injuries will be covered as part of your compensation package. If you have lost out on other employer-paid benefits or bonuses, this may also be included as part of your compensation package,
Future Earning Capacity
If your injuries will prevent you from returning to work, or if you can only return at a limited capacity, you will be reimbursed for your future earning losses.
Medical Expenses – Current and Future
All medical expenses related to the injury, current, and future, will be a part of your compensation package. If you require long term care for your injuries, this will be included in the medical expense portion of your package.
Other Related Expenses
There may be other related expenses from the accident and injury that are covered. These may included:
- Broken prescription eyeglasses from the accident
- Broken dental work from the accident
- Over-the-counter supplies or medications recommended by your medical care provider
- Costs to change your home or personal vehicle to accommodate your permanent injury
Your attorney will discuss with you what types of expenses can be included in this category of compensation.
Can I Sue For Pain and Suffering in PA?
Pain and suffering is a non-economic form of compensation. Pain and suffering are also unique to each accident. Your attorney will describe how this type of compensation is determined and what you can expect based on the facts of your case.
There are several other forms of compensation that may be available to you based on your case. During your initial consultation, your lawyer will discuss with you the types of compensation that are available and your anticipated compensation amounts.
Further reading: Truck Accidents Often Cause Catastrophic Injuries
Consult With A Pennsylvania Truck Accident Lawyer Today
From the very second that the trucking accident occurred, your life changed. You will face many challenges as you try to recover from the physical, emotional, and financial injuries you received as a result of the accident.
The claims process for a truck accident is often complicated and confusing. Many laws must be addressed, and several insurance companies may be involved in the case.
It will always be beneficial to you to work with an attorney who has a working knowledge of the trucking industry and the devastation these accidents cause the victims.
Rosengard Law Group has that working knowledge.
Our law firm has attorneys who are dedicated to managing PA truck accident claims. They are compassionate and understanding of the challenges faced by their clients.
Our attorneys will aggressively protect your rights and seek a fair compensation package on your behalf.
You are encouraged to schedule a FREE Consultation today. 833-323-4448